Cal Coast Credit Union Air Theatre Rules
Before you go to a Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre concert, be sure you’re aware of all their rules. These may change at any time without notice, so you should check with the theatre directly if you have any queries. Remember that everyone’s coming here to share a great entertainment experience, so be considerate. It’s a lot more fun for all at Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre when you abide by these rules!
If you have any questions, please contact the venue at 619-594-0234.
Please note that all patrons will be security screened before entering. Your personal items may be inspected both prior to entry and when you’re inside the venue. Please study the list of prohibited items to make sure you’re not carrying anything threatening or offensive. There’s no storage facility at the CCCUOAT, so don’t bring anything that doesn’t meet the theater’s requirements.
Please observe Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre’s code of conduct. This means not smoking, anywhere on the campus, including the arena. Alcohol must only be consumed responsibly in the designated areas, or patrons will be asked to leave.
Fighting, throwing objects or trying to get onto the stage or into restricted areas are not acceptable.
You must be appropriately dressed for the event, including shirts and shoes. You mustn’t display any offensive or obscene language, gestures, or clothing, or engage in indecent exposure. This includes open displays of affection that are inappropriate in a public family setting.
You must present your ticket when requested and only sit in your allocated seat.
Re-entry is not normally allowed, unless a specific event permits it.
You should also follow all emergency response procedures and comply with any staff requests relating to theatre operations. Please treat the Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre premises, staff and other audience members with due respect.
Cal Coast Credit Union Air Theatre is proud to offer the following ADA-compliant accommodations. For further information, please call 619-594-0234.
- Assisted listening devices are available at Guest Services, located at the VIP/Pass Gate adjacent to the box office. A valid photo-ID is required for this complimentary service
All companion seats are reserved for the companions of guests in wheelchairs. Any unsold seat in these areas will be released two weeks before the event date unless ticket sales dictate otherwise
- Disabled seating is located on every level of Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre.
The drop off zone is located at the north end of Campanile Dr. and Hardy Ave.
Interpreting services can be provided with a minimum of a 3-week notice.
- Motorized scooters are permitted into Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre, but must be able to fit into a 30″ x 36″ area.
- The designated parking for events at Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre is in Parking 6 and Parking 3. Disabled parking is located in both structures. Disabled guests need a disabled placard to park in those spots, and are still required to pay parking fees.
- Although pets are not allowed, service animals are permitted inside the venue during events.
- Escorts are available through Guest Services. Escorts can bring guests to their seats and will pick them up at the end of the event per guest’s request
- For any inquiries about accessibility, disabled seating or any other ADA assistance, please contact June Barreras at (619) 594-5085
For most events, it is recommended that guests arrive no later than 30 minutes before an event’s start time. For some concerts and special events, late entry is not allowed, so be sure to arrive on time to avoid frustration.
Clear plastic or vinyl bags only are allowed, sized up to 12” x 6” x 12,” plus small bags, clutches, wallets or purses no larger than 4.5” x 6.5.”
Flash photography, video or audio recording devices, and professional cameras with detachable lenses are strictly prohibited for all performances.
You can take still photos at most events, using a personal camera without flash, but you mustn’t record anything. Digital, disposable or 35mm cameras with no detachable lenses are permitted.
Please note that this may be different for some shows, so you should check details for the specific event.
In the event a performance is canceled or rescheduled, The venue will attempt to contact ticket holders as soon as possible. Please call the venue at 619-594-0234 if your event is canceled or rescheduled for information on refunds.
For most entertainment events, CCCUOAT operates a “babes in arms” policy, so that infants are free but must sit on your lap. You can bring an infant in a car seat, but then you’ll have to put this in a ticketed seat. If your child is old enough to walk, they will require a valid ticket.
Some events are age-restricted, so you should check whether it’s suitable for children.
You may also wish to use ear protection if you’re concerned about the propriety of content as the theater is not responsible for this.
Please ensure your children behave responsibly in consideration of other concert-goers.
Food and beverage policy
You’ll usually be allowed to bring some personal food items with you, but they must be single portions packed in a clear, 1-gallon or less soft container. Each person is also allowed 1 factory-sealed bottle of water, up to 20 oz. in size.
Please note that food and beverage policies may vary according to the event, so you should check details for specific events with the administrative office.
Lost and Found Policy
Lost an item at an event? You can check-in at the guest services office to see if anything has been returned. You can also call 619-594-0234 after the performance. Please be prepared to leave your full name, contact information, and a detailed description of your lost item.
Cal Coast Credit Union Air Theatre does not claim responsibility for your lost possessions.
Service animals are permitted, but no other pets.
To keep guests and staff safe, Cal Coast Credit Union Air Theatre prohibits the following items from the venue. If a prohibited item is found during a search, it may be disposed of or returned to the owner’s vehicle.
- Any kind of weapon, including spiked jewelry/clothing and chains
- Drugs of any kind
- Fireworks or zappers
- Mace or pepper spray
- Ice chests and coolers
- Audio/video recording equipment
- Professional cameras, flash photography and detachable lenses
- Any type of beverage, except water
- Glass, plastic or aluminum containers, cans or bottles, whether full or empty
- Large bags and backpacks
- Lawn furniture, folding chairs or stools
- Laser devices and pointers
- Posters, banners or signs
- Poles, sticks and signs with sticks
- Bullhorns, air horns or other noisemakers
- Squirt guns and super-soakers
- Frisbees and glow sticks
- Footballs and basketballs
- Beach balls or other inflatables
- Skateboards and roller-blades
- Masks, either full head or face
- Pets, excepting only service animals
Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre management reserves the right to disallow anything else they deem to be offensive, intrusive or dangerous.
Unless a show is postponed or canceled, all sales are final. If a show is postponed or canceled, please call the box office at 619-594-0234 to ask about a refund or reschedule.
Smoking of cigarettes, pipes, vapes, or any other smoking paraphernalia is not allowed in the venue or within 300 feet of any entrance.
You may bring in binoculars, and a seat cushion without any kind of framing.